We started the trek home. We went the long way, so we could take the ferry and stop in and see my Grandma. After she broke her hip a few months back, it's been a long recovery. I figured a little visit from the babies would cheer any place up. Eve had been there previously, she took a road trip with my mom.
When she was there previously, it was so fun to hear about how Eve just rocked the place. She was truly in her element! She played bingo with the elderly, the announcer even let her go up and take the mic and introduce herself and chit chat. She chatted everyone's ear off, and just charmed them all. It makes me so happy to hear of this, because I constantly have this little concern for her, she doesn't connect well with kids her own age, because she's such an old mature soul. So to hear that she can come alive like that, just warms my heart.
Needless to say the nurses and patients were all excited to see Eve return. She took Graham out to the gardens so show him around, and I followed with Greta. As I turned around to close the door, I looked back and couldn't see Greta!
I started to panic! there were some stairs (for maintenance reasons) that led right up to the roof, and she was half way up there! They were gated, but she must have been able to squeeze underneath. I had to climb over the gate, and while I did that she had a devious grin and kept climbing! My adrenaline got me to sprint up there in time to catch her leg 2 steps from the roof! I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder as I made my way down, but I couldnt carry her and climb over the gate at the same time. So I had to sit her at the bottom, and keep one hand on her leg to keep her from running back up the stairs. I somehow got us back over to the other side, and sighed a huge sigh of relief. She, of course, was laughing. This kid is giving me greys, she has zero fear.
I started to panic! there were some stairs (for maintenance reasons) that led right up to the roof, and she was half way up there! They were gated, but she must have been able to squeeze underneath. I had to climb over the gate, and while I did that she had a devious grin and kept climbing! My adrenaline got me to sprint up there in time to catch her leg 2 steps from the roof! I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder as I made my way down, but I couldnt carry her and climb over the gate at the same time. So I had to sit her at the bottom, and keep one hand on her leg to keep her from running back up the stairs. I somehow got us back over to the other side, and sighed a huge sigh of relief. She, of course, was laughing. This kid is giving me greys, she has zero fear.
On the bright side, the seniors inside had a good time watching the whole endeavor. I, however, think it shaved a good 5 years off my life.
But it was good to see her, and the kids got to give her lots of love and brighten her day.
No comments:
Post a Comment