I got a call around 5:30 pm on friday. Braden said "I've got a quiet weekend, lets go to the beach!" So I cancelled my babysitter, and we packed up the car in 30 mins and headed for the beach. We found a hotel on the way, and headed out to Charleston, SC.
I love his spontaneity and his willingness to keep things interesting. That's one of the many things I just love about him!
It was a great weekend. It had some ups and downs, Greta was in a foul mood for most of the weekend. She has zero fear, so she would run into the ocean and let the waves knock her right over! One of us would be there to pick her up, but she never seemed to let it bother her, getting smacked around by the waves. Anyway, we would eventually need a break, and we would take her out of the water, and she would throw a huge fit! She was quite whiny and just not acting herself. After a morning of beach time, we went back to the room to let the younger two have a quick snooze, before trying our luck at the pool.
Well she was better after a little sleep, and the nice thing about the pool, is we can put her in a floatie and she doesn't need us to be little helicopters circling around her like she does in the ocean.
And she loved her super crazy goggles. She kept bringing them to me saying "ga-goos" so she could wear her goggles.
Trips away are always an adventure with little ones, but I'm so glad I get to go with Braden who is the most patient person, and such an amazing husband and daddy. We grabbed a bite saturday night, and spent sunday morning watching to clouds and rain from the window. But thats ok, it was a great time and a fun way to switch things up.
No comments:
Post a Comment